Saturday, August 19, 2006

Just Commenting

Sometimes I wonder why do I even have this blog here? I really don't have much time to devote to making it really nice. I get ideas of something I would like to add to it to make it a little more interesting, yet I seem to have a problem in figuring out "how" to do it, how to add what I would like to add. I guess sometimes I'm like the majority of the people in the world that want to be able to construct things without having to involve too much time! We are an instant people today. We want things and we want them NOW!! Why else has the microwave been such a popular appliance in our kitchen today? How many people do you know that does NOT have a microwave? Of course I have one too! I want that food and I want it NOW!! I need patience, and I need it NOW! lol...oh well...lol

Last weekend I spent quite a bit more time than usual on the puter. My son was online when I was, and we got to chatting via msn messenger. I got him to upgrade his messenger and we were able to play checkers together. That was so much fun to be able to play a game with him and spend time with him like that even though we are over 2,000 miles from each other. He enjoyed it very much as well, even though I won the games we played. He told me though he would have me play no other way and that he was going to try as hard as he could and wanted me to do the same! What a swell guy! He does not want anyone to just "give in" to him. He is not a quitter, and does not give up very easy. He is quite amazing really. No, it's not just mom being proud of her son either. For anyone to have gone through all that he has, and still have the positive attitude that he has and the determination he has, is more than amazing. It is hard to live so far away from him, but we are ok with it and we understand each other. I am not any less of a mother to him because of our mileage difference. He knows I love him very much and I know he loves me as well. Some may think I should move back to be closer to him etc under the circumstances, but what difference would that make? It wouldn't make his "condition" any better. The only difference that I can see it would make is just that I would be able to see him and visit him in person more. Well, another way of looking at it would be, it makes the time I DO get to visit him in person, more valuable and special. That would hold true for my 2 daughters and 2 granddaughters as well. BUT, where I am now is HOME to me, and they know that and understand that....so why should anyone else have a problem with that?!! WOW, how did I get on that? Oh...."Just Commenting" is the title of this post! lol

Have a great Saturday everyone and do something special for yourself. Even if it is just taking it easy and doing nothing.....that can be very special...and rewarding as well.

2 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger vicci said...

Becca...Glad to see that you are back at it...I'm glad!

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Mary Bee said...

Becca: I totally get what you mean. I am totally html challenged. No knowledge of it at all. But if they did it all for us we'd probably have to pay, huh? I'll bet! So, I keep mine simple and just keep my friends on here listed all in a file in my "favorites" on my desk top. Others have a side bar. I have no idea how to do that stuff. Oh well, we can't all be computer wizards. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home