Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cody Meadows Jeep Run


Oh WOW!!! I am so glad THIS pic actually downloaded to the blog! (see previous posts where I was trying to download of my son that didn't come in...wonder where they went when it said it was downloading to blogger?!) What a GREAT run this was. We went with the CCMG 4WD Club out of Sacramento on Saturday the 26th to Cody Meadows. It was a very fun run and we met some very nice people. ALL of the members of the CCMG are wonderful people. We met a nice couple from Gardnerville that we will probably meet up with more for some excursions on our own with the jeeps, as well as their dirtbikes and our quads. There was a nice family we met that is from Sacramento that hopefully we will run into again on some future jeep runs as well. The pic is taken in the heart of Cody Meadows. The cabin is still used to this day by the "cowboys" who come after their cattle that they previously dropped off for the summer grazing. We actually saw some of the cattle on this run. Just prior to deer season opening, the "cowboys" return to gather their cattle, which will be in the next couple or so weeks. We did this ride a few weeks back and this area was very green and lush. As the summer has worn on the lushness has disappeard somewhat. The stream that runs in this area is VERY small now compared to what it was a few weeks back. It was suprising to me to see how much it had changed in such a short period of time. Later I will try to post some more pics of the day. I took a lot of pics, but didn't keep them all!! LOL

The run was very exciting and no mishaps on our part. However, there was a "MobyVan" that broke a side mirror on this run and a Liberty that had not 1 but 2 flat tires! Lucky for them, there was one other Liberty on the run that came to their aid and let them use their spare to go along with the one they had so they could complete the run.

In a couple weeks we will be doing another run with the CCMG. We will do Steamboat Mountain unless plans change and we do Hell Hole instead. This run will be a 2 night camping adventure as well. On that Friday night we will have a moonlight run. Seeing as how it will be the next night after the full moon, it should be pretty awesome. We have been told we will go to this certain area on that moonlight run that has a great view, and we will have magaritas and return to camp. The next day will be the major run and returning to camp for a gourmet 6-course dinner under the stars. Wake up Sunday morning to a hot buffet breakfast, break down camp, and have an awesome raffle. I am looking forward to this run as well, and I'm sure it will be one that we will want to do again next year!

Life is good, and I am truly enjoying every minute that I am blessed to have. Each day is a gift and I am so glad that I get this gift. Some people will wake up tomorrow mornning and say, "Oh god....MONDAY...uggghhh". Last Monday while walking in at work, I said to a co-worker what a beautiful day it was. Their comment was, "Yeah, well I wish it were Friday instead of Monday." My reply was...you have to have a Monday before you can get to Friday!! I'm thankful for every day that I get.

With that said....I must find myself getting into bed. It's getting late for this ole gal to be up on the computer when work calls my name tomorrow...Monday!!! Gotta love it!

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Blogger Mary Bee said...

Hey Becca: Found you through your comment to Vicci Ann a few days back. Check out my blog too. Today it is kinda anti war/bush, but below that there is more that is cool and user friendly. You and Button sure do love the ride. Can't agree with you more about every day being such a gift. Love the adventure life it. It's been one episode after another for sure. Get my email addy from button and write me a note.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger vicci said...

Hey girl!!!! I'm checking you out! You write well Becca! Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home