Saturday, December 02, 2006

No Smoking!!

That's right...it is a no smoking area for me now!! I am happy...you hear me?...happy to report that it is now on the 11th day for me to be a non smoker!! On November 21st was the last day that I was a smoker! I am very proud of myself and I want to never go back to those cigarattees. Several times before I have quit just to start back again as time passed. However, this time it was/is much harder for me to quit. I really think that if I were to start back again this time, that there would be no quitting again. I really don't want to be addicted to those things the rest of my life. So this time....it's final. I am a non smoker! How did/am I doing it? Cold Turkey I tell you. Cold Turkey at the Turkey time of year!! What a hard time to do it...but then again...anytime is a hard time to do it. It takes a made up mind and strong determination to do it and tons of will power. It is hard. Very hard. At times, I just want a cigarette....but I am happy to say that I have not given in to the habit. My body is free of the nicotine addiction itself now, but the habit...that is a different story. The habit is what is difficult to break. The desire for the cigarette goes away within about 10-20 minutes but the habit...that's the hard part! After a meal.....driving....watching tv.......working on the pc......having a drink......the list could just go on and on. But.....I have made a decision....I have made a choice....and I am just stubborn enough to stick with it! Congratulations to me!! Way to go girlfriend. Keep it up.

Oh and yes.....Button is right along here with me. I am so very proud of her. We are BOTH smoke free since November 21, 2006. We have a great life ahead of us to live girl....let's live it to the fullest!!!

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger vicci said...

Yes!!!!! The BEST news ever! LOve you both!

 
At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to you Becca I am still smoke free. I probebly would have started back up if not for you! thank you babe

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Mary Bee said...

Becca: I was just re-reading this post and had 2 thoughts. You say "cold turkey" at Thanksgiving, but Oh What a Xmas present you got! And also I remember when I quit the hardest time, after all the other hard times faded away, was when I had a drink. Solution for me was to not drink at all because by the time I finished a drink I was bumming cigarettes from others.

I keep coming back to see if you've posted pics of your kids. How long was your visit? Not long enough I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home